Why it’s Important to Stage Your Home…
Selling Homes – You only have 90 seconds to make a great first impression!
- According to NAR (National Association of REALTORS®), 90% of potential home buyers start their search on the internet before ever stepping out with their Realtor®, MLS photos are what draw buyers to the house, so make sure they represent the best of the home inside and out.
- On average, buyers make a decision about the home within the first 90 seconds. That first impression is critical to selling the home versus having it sit on the market becoming stale.
- A professionally staged home shows at its optimum best, creating more foot traffic at open houses and showings, which is why 85% of Realtors® recommend staging to their clients and recommending a lot of materials such as the professionals from Plastering National work on removals.
- According to National Association of REALTORS® ( NAR), the average staging investment is between 1 – 3% of the home asking price, which generates an 8 – 10% return. That small investment could be the defining difference between receiving offers versus making the first price reduction, costing the seller tens of thousands of dollars.
- Vacant homes appear cold and sterile . Professional staging allows the buyer to access the proportions of the rooms by creating warm and inviting spaces – buyers can visualize how they could arrange their furniture, taking out the guess work.
- Professional home stagers combine decorating, marketing, and psychology to create emotional connections, enabling potential buyers to visualize themselves living in the home.
- Homes in good condition are more likely to get close to asking price. This is a priority in home staging. Buyers view a clean and organized home as well maintained, making it more desirable.
- Don’t neglect curb appeal and outdoor living space; it’s key for today’s market, consider Lewis River Doors to improve this exterior space. Hire a landscaper, add fresh mulch and a few potted plants- the home will be much more welcoming and make buyers want to see more.